Antioch Community Church of Denver
|Job Title||Senior Pastor|
|Position reports to:||Church Board of Directors|
|Salary range:||To be determined|
|Employment status:||Depending on salary|
The Senior Pastor/President serves as the spiritual leader of the church. Together with the Board of Elders, oversees the Pastoral Sta?, all employees as well as the development, organization, and administration of the ministries of the church. The objective is to provide opportunities for God’s people to grow in their spiritual life and to equip them for the work of ministry for the purpose of advancing the gospel and making disciples.
- Preach at Sunday morning worship services.
- Establish teaching ministry within the church.
- Provide and promote spiritual leadership and encouragement to the Board of Elders, Ministry Staff, Ministry Leaders, and the congregation.
- Serve as the primary guardian of the truth as revealed in God’s Word (Titus 1:9).
- Administer the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper and officiate at weddings and funerals as necessary.
- Identify and develop leaders amongst the congregation and equip them to carry out the work of ministry, to cast and implement a vision for Antioch and set goals to accomplish mission.
- Be involved in and builds bridges to the local community for the advancement of the gospel.
- Collaborates with community leaders regarding ministry support of community projects.
- Provides pastoral counseling as needed.
- Performs other tasks as mutually agreed upon with the Board of Elders.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility and adheres to departmental budgets.
Job Skills Required
- 3-5 years of experience as a Pastor in an evangelical church with multiple staff.
- Proven leadership capability with strong interpersonal and communication skills; bible-based, exegetically sound preaching.
- Be a skilled caregiver in pastoral ministries.
- Have a strong commitment to missions, discipleship, evangelism and Christian Education.
- Is ordained or ready for ordination.
- evidence of continuing biblical education and/or evidence of dynamic biblical teaching in a current ministry
- Meets the biblical qualifications for leadership (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Theological / Biblical degree from an accredited evangelical school.
- Evidence of continuing biblical education and or evidence of dynamic biblical teaching in a current ministry.
Send cover letter and resume to the email address: AntiochCommunity@comcast.net